Wedding Budget Planning Part 2
Table of Contents
Planning a wedding in India can be thrilling and fulfilling. Yet it can also be nerve-racking and too much to handle. Particularly when deciding a budget for pre wedding functions such as Cocktail party, Bachelors party, Mehndi & Haldi.
However, with careful consideration and planning, it is possible to have the perfect wedding of your dreams without breaking the bank.
When planning a wedding, there are important factors to consider. We will outline these in this article. Furthermore, we will provide a detailed breakdown of costs for different aspects of the big day.
Determining your budget
The first and most important step in planning a wedding is to determine your budget. The decisions you make during the planning process will be influenced by this. These decisions include the size of the guest list, the venue, catering, and entertainment. Some key factors to consider when setting your budget include:
Calculate the total available funds for the wedding. Consider contributions from family members or savings set aside for the occasion.
- Priorities: Determine which aspects of the wedding are the most important to you. Allocate a larger portion of the budget to these areas.
These should be your priorities.
- Guest list: The number of guests you invite will have a major effect on your budget. It will influence the cost of catering, the size of the venue and other factors. Keep in mind that each additional guest adds to the expense.
- Venue: The cost of the venue will vary depending on the location, size, and amenities available. Consider whether you want an indoor or outdoor wedding, and whether you prefer a traditional or modern setting.
- Time of year: The time of year you select for your wedding can impact your budget. Prices are usually higher during peak wedding season.
- Type of wedding: Consider the type of wedding you want. Do you prefer a small, private celebration, or a more extravagant one with extra decorations and features? Each type of wedding will have different costs associated with it.
With these factors in mind, you can create a budget that works for you and your partner.
Breakdown of costs
Once you have established your budget, you can start planning for specific aspects of the wedding. Below is a breakdown of costs for the key elements of a wedding.
These include the photographer, venue, decoration, catering, wedding attire, jewellery and entertainment.
- Cost: 5,00,000-10,00,000 (Depends upon the size of venue)
Details: The venue will likely be one of the most significant expenses of your wedding. Costs can differ depending on the location size, and amenities. They also depend on the time of year and day of the week. A popular venue may also require booking well in advance.
Once you have finalized the dates, ask photographers for a good venue. They can provide good suggestions as they have worked in multiple places throughout the year.
Wedding date is the most important thing. if you can shift some days before or after you can save al lot of money only in venue. Once you have finalised the dates you make your wedding invites.
You can get a direct review about the venue’s lighting. Additionally, you can learn about the facilities available in the venue. Lastly, you can also get a review of the food.
- Cost: 2,00,000-5,00,000 (Depends upon the kind of Decor needed)
Details: The cost of decorations will depend on the theme and style of the wedding ceremony. Decorations such as flowers, centrepieces, and lighting can be costly. It is essential to sort and set aside a specific amount of the budget for these items.
U can ask for references from the venue. U will get decent decorators from them. As Venue people mostly have their own decorators, they can help them
- Cost: 1,00,000-10,00,000 (Approx)
Details: A good photographer is essential for capturing the memories of your wedding day. Costs can differ based on the photographer’s experience and reputation.The length of time they are hired for also affects the cost. You can get few options here
- Cost: 800-6000 per plate.
The cost of catering depends on three factors:
– The number of guests
– The type of meal
– The level of service required.
Buffet-style meals tend to be less expensive than plated dinners, while alcohol and dessert options can also increase the cost.
- Cost: 15,000-8,00,000
The attire of the bride and groom is one of the most important aspects of the Indian wedding. It is important to decide what type of attire you would like to wear and the budget for it. Consult with designers or stylists to decide on the best attire for you and your partner.
Deciding the attire for the bridal party is important. This includes bridesmaids, groomsmen, and parents of the bride and groom.
- Cost: Plan according to your Budget
Wedding bridal jewellery is an important part of the bride’s outfit. The jewellery should complement the attire and enhance the overall look.
Decide what type of jewellery you want to wear. Consider options like gold, diamonds, or pearls. Set a budget for it. Consider renting jewellery for the day to save on costs.
- Cost: 50,000 to 4,00,000
Entertainment is an essential aspect of any wedding. Consider hiring a DJ or live band for the reception to keep guests entertained. Think about adding unique elements to your wedding. A photo booth or a dessert table could make it more memorable.
Once you have decided on these aspects, you can create a detailed budget plan. It is important to budget for the wedding. Allocate resources for each aspect to stay within your overall budget. Here are some tips to help you create a budget plan:
- Create a spreadsheet to track expenses: Create a spreadsheet to track all the expenses related to the wedding. Include all the details such as the vendor name, amount paid, and due date.
- Sort your expenses. Make a list of them based on what is most important to you. Identify which aspects are the most important to you.
Allocate a larger budget to these aspects. Reduce the budget for the less important aspects.
- Keep a buffer: Keep a buffer in your budget for unexpected expenses. It is always better to be prepared for unexpected expenses than to be caught off guard.
- Negotiate with vendors: Negotiate with vendors to get the best deals. Ask for discounts or package deals to save on costs.
- Stick to the budget: Once you have created a budget plan, stick to it. It is important to be disciplined with your spending to ensure that you do not overspend.
Planning a wedding can be overwhelming. However, with proper preparation and organization, it can become a wonderful and joyous occasion. In conclusion, a well-planned wedding is a treasured memory. The key is to start planning early and to be disciplined with your spending.
Determine your budget. Decide on the important aspects of the wedding, such as the venue, photographer, decoration, catering, attire, jewellery, and entertainment. Create a detailed budget plan. With these steps, you can plan a beautiful and memorable wedding.
The decisions you make during the planning process will be influenced by this. These decisions include the size of the guest list, the venue, catering, and entertainment.
Wedding budget Planning in the most important part in Wedding Planning. If you want to be hassle free you can hire a wedding planner to manage wedding expense